Enjoying God's creation (people and places) ........ and fulfilling our desire to conquer and explore.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting the 2nd XL600 Home to Colorado....

Since Bryce purchased his Enduro Bike around Christmas, I have been shopping for another one. This bike would not only allow me to get up in areas of Colorado I want to explore, but it will also be a bike that Tyler can ride, joining Bryce and I on adventures.

The first of March, I found my bike. It was located in Phoenix, AZ. On a business trip, I checked it out and made the purchase. I dropped it in the garage of a colleague and there is sat for several weeks, until I could get back to AZ to bring it home.

Well, instead of hauling it back to Colorado, I decided to ride it home. The trip would be right at 800 miles and would require a night over. Fortunately, Marcus and Jessica were willing to allow me to pester them for a night in Albuquerque, before I got back on the bike and rode up to Colorado. Unfortunately, the weather got in the way and I had to borrow Marcus' truck to haul the bike home through a snow storm.


Leaving Phoenix.
























The ride through Arizona.


A rest, somewhere along the way.


The Heroes!


It didn't take Tyler long to mount the new steed!

A full Stable!

No comments:

Post a Comment