This weekend the boys and I pulled the bikes out of the garage and cleaned off the winter dust from storage. Then we got busy with some project work. Bryce wanted to repaint his bike. Tyler and I wanted to completely tear down the NX650, repaint and rebuild. Here are some pics.
Bryce's bike being taken apart.
The painting has begun.
Nearly finished. One more weekend.
While Bryce was working on his paint job, Tyler and I were stripping down the NX650 for a complete rebuild.... including a new paint job, eventually.
Once we got the engine out, I tore into the top end to check the valve clearances and the timing chain and cam shaft.
Finally down to a bare frame.
Tearing into the suspension for a rebuild.
This job on the NX will take a while, but we are bound and determined to finished it in 4-5 weeks.