Enjoying God's creation (people and places) ........ and fulfilling our desire to conquer and explore.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big Bend Trip, Day 6





Today was not to be the final day of my trip, but it is. After watching the Weather Channel for some time last night, I have made the decision to head home on Friday, Day #6. Big time weather is on the way. I love riding my motorcycle, but there is no love for riding in the rain with cold temps and windchills below freezing. I'm headed home.

At 7:45 am, I drive away from Frank and the Holiday Inn, headed north.

My first stop is Roswell, NM to experience a little Alien activity and fill up with gas.


Hours later, I cross the state line, into Colorado.











It was a long day of riding, totaling 528 miles, with an arrival at 5:30pm. But, it turned out to be a very good plan. Saturday was a full day of 38-42 degree temps, with fog and drizzle all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment