Enjoying God's creation (people and places) ........ and fulfilling our desire to conquer and explore.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 Big Dog Ride - Day 1

For the third year, I was invited back and attended the Big Dog Ride.  This year was a special treat, as my close friend, Terry Davis, also received an invite and attended with me.

Click here for the Event Website

On Thursday evening, Terry and I left Colorado Springs in our Pickups, hauling the bikes up to Dillon, CO, the location for our basecamp.  Normally, I always ride to the event, but this year I had to take my pickup and haul the food and cooking equipment, as I was responsible to provide the Friday evening dinner.

Once we arrived at the Dillon Inn, we parked our vehicles, unloaded the bikes, packed them up and departed. This was my third year to ride the Big Dog and my third bike. The Honda would prove to be the best yet.

The starting point of the 2011 Big Dog was BMW of Denver. Terry and I had decided to ride the bikes with our camping gear to a camp location as close to the Denver city limits as possible.

We ended up finding a spot on Rampart Range, just 30 miles from the BMW Motorcycle Dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment