Enjoying God's creation (people and places) ........ and fulfilling our desire to conquer and explore.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sold the 2nd XL600 and working on a purchase....

Well, I must admit that I am a little bummed. The Lane Boys owned two outstanding Honda's that would, no doubt, run another 10 years.....but other bikes were wanted. And....I understand that. But, the classic 1980's, Honda XL600's will always be memories in our minds that were very, very good!!!!

So, upon Bryce selling his XL600, Tyler and I decided to 'test the market'. We had purchased the 600 from Arizona for an absolute steal, so we thought we might be able to gather enough cash to purchase a little better bike, in regard to highway worthyness....and Dual-Sport fun.

One of our ADV acquaintances wanted the bike, so we loaded him up and shipped him off to Denver with an outstanding bike.












So....after a lot of time on Craigslist and Ebay and CycleTrader, we think we have found the bike. I hope this is the bike!!!!

Honda only imported the NX to America for two years, 1988 and 1989. It was actually far before its time, as Dual-Sport riding was only in the minds of a few. Finding a 21 year old bike in near mint condition is totally friggin awesome!!!!

So, I have business in Utah this coming week and I will do a fly and ride again. The bike is in Salt Lake City. After two days of sales calls, I will ride the bike to Troy and Joy's in Grand Junction and then do the second day, back to the house.





No comments:

Post a Comment